(From The Jacket) – During the late 1920s, Ralph Nelson Elliott theorized that stock markets do not behave in a random, chaotic manner, but rather that they move in repetitive cycles, which reflect the actions and emotions of humans caused by exterior influences or mass psychology. Elliott believed that the ebb and flow of mass psychology reveals itself in the same repetitive patterns–illustrated by recognizable “waves”. It was at this point that Elliott Wave theory was born.
Since its discovery, numerous books have tried to capture the essence of this revolutionary forecasting method, but they either made Elliott more complicated than it needed to be, or, in an effort to overcome the perceived complexity of analysis using Elliott, oversimplified the process.
In “Applying Elliott Wave Theory Profitably”, author and Elliott Wave expert Steven Poser makes sense of this proven trading strategy and gives you the most well-rounded and straightforward lesson on how to make money using Elliott Wave theory. Drawing from his many years of Elliott Wave experience, Poser:
- Reviews how and why technical analysis works, and shows you where the Elliott Wave theory fits into that picture
- Reveals each of the basic and advanced patterns that the market might trace out and discusses the market conditions that typically produce these patterns
- Outlines how to build an efficient trading plan
- Illustrates how to continuously update your plan in real time as the market provides you with further information by way of a constant stream of prices, volume, and news
- Examines how to review the market from multiple time frames, so you know what degree of price retracements to expect, as well as what your risks and rewards may be
Filled with in-depth insights, expert advice, and a set of sample trading plans, this book will take you step by step through the process of understanding how and why Elliott Wave theory works–as well as show you when and where you are most likely to profitably apply Elliott Wave to improve your trading. You don’t need to trade every day to gain substantial profits, but when it is time to trade, using Elliott Wave theory can make all the difference.