(From The Jacket) – In order to survive and thrive in today’s financial markets, you must seriously consider the use of options in your investment endeavors. Options allow you to reap the same benefits as an outright stock or commodity trade, but with less risk and less money on the line. The truth is, you can achieve everything with options that you would with stocks or commodities–at less cost–while gaining a much higher percentage return on your invested dollars.
After numerous years as a market maker in the trenches of the New York Mercantile Exchange, few analysts know how to make money trading options like author Lee Lowell. In this well-rounded resource, Lowell shows both stock and commodity option traders exactly what works and what doesn’t.
Filled with in-depth insight and expert advice, this second edition of “Get Rich With Options” provides you with the knowledge and strategies needed to achieve optimal results within the options market. It quickly covers the basics–how options are priced, strike price selection, the use of Delta, and using volatility to one’s advantage–before moving on to the four options trading strategies that have helped Lowell profit in this arena time and again.
Forget straight puts and calls, the fact is that nearly 80 percent of those seemingly simple trades expire as worthless. Here, for the first time, Lowell explains the only four options trading strategies that actually work: buying deep-in-the-money call options, selling naked puts, selling option credit spreads, and selling covered calls. Using them decisively, he says, is the fastest route to riches in the options trading game.
This second edition of “Get Rich With Options” is packed with real-life examples of actual trades and detailed discussions of how options can be used as a hedging, speculating, or income-producing tool. With this book as your guide, you’ll begin to see options in a whole new light and learn how to become part of a small group of investors who consistently win.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part One: The Option Basics
- Chapter 1 – It’s All About The Calls And Puts
- Chapter 2 – How Options Are Priced
- Chapter 3 – Option Volatility
- Chapter 4 – Stocks Versus Options
- Chapter 5 – Option Selling Is Your Key To Success
Part Two: The Strategies
- Chapter 6 – Buy All The Stock You Want For Half The Price
- Chapter 7 – Getting Paid To Buy Your Favorite Stock
- Chapter 8 – Option Credit Spreads: The All-Star Strategy
- Chapter 9 – A Day In The Life Of The Market Maker
- Chapter 10 – Put Your Stocks To Work–Sell Covered Calls
- Chapter 11 – A Bonus Strategy: Ratio Option Spreads
Part Three: Getting Ready To Trade
- Chapter 12 – Tools Of The Trade
- Chapter 13 – Brokers And Commissions