(From The Jacket) – Options provide traders and investors with a wide range of strategies to generate income and reduce risk. But if you are unfamiliar with how to use them in this capacity, you could quickly lose much of your capital.
“No-Hype Options Trading” offers the straight truth on how to trade the options market. In it, author Kerry Given (a.k.a. Dr. Duke) provides realistic strategies to consistently generate income every month, while debunking the many myths about options trading that tend to lead retail traders astray. Along the way, he makes a conscious effort to avoid complex strategies that are appropriate only for market makers or professional traders and, instead, focuses on strategies that can be easily implemented and managed by a part-time trader.
In the overhyped world of trading education, it has become exceedingly difficult to discern reasonable expectations for your returns with various trading strategies. “No-Hype Options Trading” seeks to put things in perspective by giving you the foundation to develop a trading system with a real probabilistic edge and helping you save much of the time, effort, and losses that often characterize the options trading learning process.
Divided into two comprehensive parts, this practical guide:
- Discusses the effective options strategies the author uses every day as a retail trader — from covered calls and naked puts to calendar and condor spreads — instead of focusing on trading techniques that worked in the option pits several years ago
- Contains the knowledge of probabilities and options pricing you need to survive and prosper in the options markets
- Debunks various options trading myths and addresses the essential elements involved in turning your options trading endeavors into a profitable business
- Tests your understanding of the concepts presented with end-of-chapter exercises
- And much more
Written for anyone interested in successfully trading options, this reliable resource cuts through the hype and misinformation that surround options trading and presents a realistic path to profits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1: The Foundations Of Options Trading
- Chapter 1 – Option Basics
- Chapter 2 – Probability Distributions
- Chapter 3 – Options Pricing And Implied Volatility
- Chapter 4 – Vertical Spreads
Part 2: Options Strategies For Income Generation
- Chapter 5 – Using Options To Boost Income In A Stock Portfolio
- Chapter 6 – Calendar And Double Calendar Spreads
- Chapter 7 – Double Diagonal Spreads
- Chapter 8 – Butterfly Spreads
- Chapter 9 – Condor Spreads
- Chapter 10 – Delta-Neutral Trading Strategies
- Chapter 11 – Make Your Trading A Business