(From The Jacket) – Trend following has proven itself to be an extremely profitable long-term trading strategy in the futures markets. This book will show you how to adapt select characteristics of this powerful trading style to successfully trade equity trends.
As a private investor with more than eight years of professional equity trading experience, author Kedrick Brown knows what it takes to succeed in today’s highly volatile markets. And now, with “Trend Trading: Timing Market Tides”, he shares his considerable market experience withyou–by explaining in detail how to trade equity trends in the real world.
Written in a straightforward and accessible style, “Trend Trading” teaches you how to trade equity trends with sound money management discipline, from the individual stock level to the whole portfolio level. Tailored to investors who want to use elements of trend following strategies in their equity portfolios–without spending a fortune on the expensive research systems used by large firms–“Trend Trading” presents unique investment tools and advanced technical analysis methods in simple, commonsense terms.
Divided into two comprehensive parts, this valuable resource contains:
- Methods for timing trades in individual stocks based on the price action of external indices or stocks
- Unique technical analysis methods like stochastic averaging–which enables you to analyze the trending behavior of a group of stocks
- Information on specialized ways to apply trend following techniques–such as using them to rotate from an investment in one financial instrument to another
- Powerful position sizing tools that you can apply to individual or multiple stocks
- Detailed discussions of the elements necessary to succeed as a trend trader
By following the concepts outlined in this book, you’ll greatly increase your understanding of exit timing, position sizing, and the entire trade planning process, freeing up more time to maximize your trading edge by focusing on instrument selection and entry timing.
Filled with in-depth insights, expert advice, and real-world examples, “Trend Trading” provides you with easy to apply ideas about how to take more control over the investment process and better manage your risks when trading. With this book as your guide, you’ll be ready to enter the markets with confidence and exit with profits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1: Trend Trading Psychology
- Chapter 1 – Elements Of An Edge
- Chapter 2 – What Can An Equity Trader Learn From A Futures Trend Follower
- Chapter 3 – Equity Trend Following In Action
Part 2: Trend Trading Tactics
- Chapter 4 – Three-Dimensional Technical Analysis
- Chapter 5 – Structuring A Trend Trade
- Chapter 6 – Structuring A Trend Trading Portfolio
- Chapter 7 – Out Of The Box: Further Possibilities