(From The Jacket) – What makes a great trader? For years, financial industry expert Jack Schwager has picked the brains of remarkable individuals who have consistently beaten the markets to find out the answer. Now, in “Hedge Fund Market Wizards: How Winning Traders Win”, he talks with some of the world’s greatest hedge fund experts, highlighting the lessons to be learned from each so that you can apply their wisdom to your own trading.
Over the past few decades, hedge funds have become an increasingly popular investment vehicle, but their explosive growth has made trading more competitive than ever. In “Hedge Fund Market Wizards”, Schwager shares with readers the invaluable lessons he learned from the fifteen traders profiled, which include some of the industry’s legendary figures, each of whom has compiled an exemplary return-to-risk record.
From the founder of the world’s largest hedge fund to a manager going it alone, the traders interviewed in this book approach their field in radically different ways. But each of them has brought new and unique insights and developed distinct strategies that have allowed them to out-perform the markets again and again.
Just as he did in his previous bestsellers, “Market Wizards” and “The New Market Wizards”, Schwager asks the questions that get to the core of what makes a successful trader tick. Distilling forty essential lessons to be learned from the market luminaries in profiles, “Hedge Fund Market Wizards” offers valuable guidance and timeless insights for both investment professionals and market enthusiasts looking to improve their trading abilities by learning from the best.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part One: Macro Men
- Chapter 1 – Colm O’Shea: Knowing When It’s Raining
- Chapter 2 – Ray Dalio: The Man Who Loves Mistakes
- Chapter 3 – Larry Benedict: Beyond Three Strikes
- Chapter 4 – Scott Ramsey: Low-Risk Futures Trader
- Chapter 5 – Jaffray Woodriff: The Third Way
Part Two: Multistrategy Players
- Chapter 6 – Edward Thorp: The Innovator
- Chapter 7 – Jamie Mai: Seeking Asymmetry
- Chapter 8 – Michael Platt: The Art And Science Of Risk Control
Part Three: Equity Traders
- Chapter 9 – Steve Clark: Do More Of What Works And Less Of What Doesn’t
- Chapter 10 – Martin Taylor: The Tsar Has No Clothes
- Chapter 11 – Tom Claugus: A Change Of Plans
- Chapter 12 – Joe Vidich: Harvesting Losses
- Chapter 13 – Kevin Daly: Who Is Warren Buffett?
- Chapter 14 – Jimmy Balodimas: Stepping In Front Of Freight Trains
- Chapter 15 – Joel Greenblatt: The Magic Formula