(From The Jacket) – This highly anticipated second edition of the bestselling classic “Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom” delivers Tharp’s proven 14-step model for developing a profitable trading system as well as his latest methods and techniques for winning in any market. This book also includes new information on secular bull and bear markets and macro economics, in addition to ways to think about and evaluate trading systems as a set of R multiples (reward to risk). Tharp also elucidates the concepts of expectancy and position sizing–the most important, yet least understood, aspects of profitable trading.
In this performance-directed book, Tharp explains that the Holy Grail in the market is different for each trader–one that can be uncovered quickly and plugged into every trading program with surprisingly little effort. He shows how the interplay of your style, goals, and personality–in combination with a carefully designed and tested system–will ultimately determine your true success.
“Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom” provides key information to help you substantially increase your income including:
- The psychological biases against good system development
- Ingenious concepts of orderliness that help you accurately predict turning points in the market–and work them to your advantage
- Stock and futures trading models that examine setups used by the masters
- Position-sizing variables and the use in consistently carving out optimal profits
- A free online game to let you practice your new position-sizing skills without risk
Complete with an all new analysis and review of real trading newsletters, Tharp will show you the importance of evaluating their performance and results before you invest in anyone’s recommendations. “Trade Your Way To Financial Freedom” promises you a brighter, more lucrative trading future.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART ONE – THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTOR IN YOUR SUCCESS: YOU!
- Chapter 1 – The Legend Of The Holy Grail
- Chapter 2 – Judgmental Biases: Why Mastering The Markets Is So Difficult For Most People
- Chapter 3 – Setting Your Objectives
PART TWO – CONCEPTUALIZING YOUR SYSTEM
- Chapter 4 – Steps To Developing A System
- Chapter 5 – Selecting A Concept That Works
- Chapter 6 – Trading Strategies That Fit The Big Picture
- Chapter 7 – Six Keys To A Great Trading System
PART THREE – UNDERSTANDING THE KEY PARTS OF YOUR SYSTEM
- Chapter 8 – Using Setups To Jumpstart Your System
- Chapter 9 – Entry or Market Timing
- Chapter 10 – Know When To Fold ‘Em: How To Protect Your Capital
- Chapter 11 – How To Take Profits
PART FOUR – PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Chapter 12 – There’s Money For Everyone
- Chapter 13 – Evaluating Your System
- Chapter 14 – Position Sizing–The Key To Meeting Your Objectives
- Chapter 15 – Conclusion