(From The Jacket) – With instant electronic market access and powerful financial tools at their disposal, today’s “technician” – one who practices the art of technical analysis – has more opportunities than ever before to profitably trade in a variety of markets. But in order to truly excel, you need a method that will allow you to identify market moves, and strategies that will allow you to make the most of those moves.
John Person has been in the trading business for almost thirty years – as a broker, a trader, and a teacher of traders. During this time, he’s refined his trading skills and, by using candlestick formations in conjunction with pivot points, developed a reliable methodology that will help you make smarter trades with less risk.
In his first book, “A Complete Guide To Technical Trading Tactics”, Person introduced traders to the concept of integrating candlestick charting with pivot point analysis. Now, in “Candlestick And Pivot Point Trading Triggers”, he goes a step further and shows you how to devise your own setups and triggers – in the stock, forex, and futures markets – based on a moving average approach.
Filled with in-depth insights and expert advice, this comprehensive guide:
- Examines the methodology of pivot point analysis and how it can be applied to different markets
- Shows you what to look for when reading candlestick charts and why you should rely on price rather than indicators
- Discusses how to find certain setups and explains what triggers a call to trading action
- Walks you through the various types of stop orders, including when and where to place them
- Illustrates how back testing your methods can help uncover the strengths and weaknesses of your system
Person also fully discloses some of his proprietary setups, such as the high close doji, the low close doji, and the jack hammer pattern, complete with rules on the entries and exits to help you identify high probability trades.
With the tools and techniques outlined in this book – which includes a companion CD-ROM that contains Person’s own Pivot Point Calculator and an instructional presentation on how to use it – you’ll be able to put together a trading plan that consistently helps you yield profits.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1 – Trading Vehicles, Stock, ETFs, Futures, And Forex
- Chapter 2 – Determining Market Condition: Bullish, Bearish, Or Neutral
- Chapter 3 – How To Read Oscillators To Spot Overbought Or Oversold Conditions
- Chapter 4 – Momentum Changes: How To Spot Divergence Or Convergence
- Chapter 5 – Pivot Points: Determine Key Price Support And Resistance Areas And The Importance Of Confluence
- Chapter 6 – Pivot Point Moving Average System
- Chapter 7 – Candle Charts And Top Reversal Patterns
- Chapter 8 – Setups And Triggers: Combining Candles And Pivots
- Chapter 9 – Risk Management: Setting Stops
- Chapter 10 – Projecting Entry And Exit Points: Learn To Scale Out
- Chapter 11 – The Sample Analysis: The Proof Is In The Back-Testing
- Chapter 12 – Confidence To Pull The Trigger Comes From Within