(From The Jacket) – Candlesticks can help you become a better trader, but only if you learn how they work, know what to look for, and understand the trading setups that can bring out their best. “Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts” can help you do all this and much more.
Following in the footsteps of author Thomas Bulkowski’s bestselling “Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns” — and structured in the same way — this easy-to-read and -use reference book takes an in-depth look at 103 candlestick formations, from identification guidelines and statistical analysis of their behavior to detailed trading tactics.
In each chapter of “Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts”, you’ll find:
- Behavior and Rank, which show how each candle is theoretically supposed to work and how it actually does in both bull and bear markets, including rankings against other candlesticks plus the psychology behind the pattern
- Identification Guidelines that describe what to look for
- Statistics, which include the following tables: general statistics, height statistics, and volume stats
- Trading Tactics that discuss strategies to increase profits and minimize risk, plus tables of reversal rates and indicators to improve performance
- Sample Trades, which walk you through a hypothetical or actual trade using real data
- For Best Performance, a quick-reference table of selection tips to boost performance
“Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts” also includes chapters that contain important discoveries, statistical summaries, a discussion of distinct methodologies that explain each table entry in detail, a glossary of relevant terms, and a visual index to make candlestick identification easy.
Whether you’re a novice trader or an experienced hedge fund manager, the “Encyclopedia of Candlestick Charts” has something for you. No other book combines a comprehensive list of candlesticks with a statistical review of their performance — in both bull and bear markets — in one easily accessible package. The information you find here will quickly enhance your understanding of this field and allow you to trade in a more effective way.